Some days you really need a treat and this serving suggestion really hit the spot! Last night I had planned chilli for dinner (leftovers from the freezer) but at the last minute I really didn’t fancy it.
I usually serve my chilli with rice and sour cream. Yummy but I know I am missing out. There are loads of creative ways to serve a chilli!
At 37 weeks pregnant I am finding that by the evenings I am getting really tired, especially when I have been busy during the day. Yesterday I had lunch out with my friends from my antenatal class (I know, its a hard life!) and then spent a couple of hours on chores around the house. By 6.30 I was tired and not inspired to stand at the cooker – even though reheating chilli and boiling some rice is hardly difficult!
A quick exchange with the husband showed that we both fancied a treat but didn’t fancy the hassle of going out.
And then it came to us… we could make our favourite chilli nachos at home!
- 1 serving of your favourite chilli recipe
- Tortilla chips
- Grated cheddar
- Sour Cream
- Add the chilli to a pan and heat over a medium heat.
- Put the tortilla chips into a bowl and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Place under the grill until the cheese melts.
- Top the chips with the heated chilli.
- Top with your favourite toppings (we went for the full restaurant experience and used sour cream, guacamole and salsa).
- Dig in and enjoy!
Doesn’t this look amazing?? Ok not the healthiest but hey, everything in moderation! I am now inspired to try some other exciting serving suggestions for the rest of my freezer chilli!