Spaghetti Bolognaise is a favourite meal of mine and while this one may not be traditional, it is tasty and healthy
- Extra lean minced beef
- 2 carrots, grated
- Diced shallots
- 1 pepper, diced
- Chopped tinned tomatoes
- Beef oxo cube
- Wholemeal pasta
- Brown the mince in a frying pan with the shallots
- When all the mince is browned, drain off any excess fat
- Add the peppers, carrots, tomatoes and oxo cube
- Stir well and simmer for 40 minutes. If the sauce becomes too dry add a little boiled water from the kettle.
- Meanwhile cook some wholemeal spaghetti until al dente, drain and serve.
I served this with a sprinkle of parmesan (28g), a small square of foccacia and some microwaved sugarsnap peas
I always make a double portion of this as it freezes brilliantly!