Here is another pasta recipe using my favourite ingredient – spinach! This Cannelloni is delicious served with a simple salad.
- 1 Diced pepper
- 1 Diced shallot
- Dried herbs
- LF Cottage Cheese
- Dried cannelloni tubes
- Grated cheese
For the sauce:
- Saute the pepper and shallot until soft and then mix in the passata, and dried herbs
- Simmer for 5 minutes
For the filling:
- Wilt the spinach, drain well and chop
- Add to a bowl with the cottage cheese
- Mix well and season
- Pour 2/3 of the sauce mixture into a dish
- Carefully fill each of the cannelloni tubes with the spinach mixture (try using one teaspoon to fill and the handle of another to push the filling through)
- Lay the filled tubes on top of the sauce and repeat
- Top the filled tubes with the remaining sauce and sprinkle over cheese
- Bake at 190˚ for 40 minutes until cheese is browned and pasta is cooked.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes (this will be hot!!) and serve.