Ok, quick update on my to do list for today:
- Order bridal shoes to try
- Send charity cheque to Anthony Nolan Trust (my work matched £100 of my fundraising – woohoo!)
- Email napkin company and ask for more samples!!
- Look for wedding table name ideas (as the theme is butteflies I was hoping for something related…. any ideas?) I did some searches and ideas I saw included names of butterflies or the word butterfly in a variety of languages – still not sure though.
- Tidy my desk
- Iron some work clothes Not done yet but planning to do it after this post 🙂
Still not sure what to do about the tablenames, nothing is jumping out at me. Its possible that I will give up and stick with numbers after all. Hmm, I need to give this more thought. Oh and unsurprisingly ironing has been left til the end. I’ll do a bit in a minute – honest! 🙂
Seriously though I am feeling a lot more positive now that I have ticked some items off the to do list.
Dinner tonight was a favourite, Chicken Chow Mein
I picked up this stir fry pack at Tesco this morning.
It had red onions, edamame beans, ginger, beansprouts, carrot and cabbage.
I started by stirfrying some chicken strips in some spray oil until cooked through. When they were almost done I added a splash of soy sauce for colour and flavour and at the same time boiled some wholewheat egg noodles. Then I took the chicken out of the pan and stirfried the veg mix until cooked. Then I added a sachet of Chow Mein sauce I found lurking in the back of the cupboard and put the chicken back in the wok.
At the last minute I remembered a new item I had bought in Tesco this morning:
Food Doctor Essential Seed Mix which contains sesame seeds, flax, linseed and poppyseeds. I added a shake over the stirfry for crunch.
Normally I would mix everything together in the wok to serve but for some reason I had picked up the small wok rather than the normal size one so it wouldn’t all fit. I dished it up separately for the photo but mixed it all together in my bowl for eating 🙂
I was pleased with this meal as I would normally dish up everything I cooked in half. However tonight I decided to dish a medium portion and then give myself the choice of whether to go back for seconds or not. As it turned out I was full from this so no need for more. But I know that if I had dished up a bigger bowl I would have eaten the lot. Note to self, smaller portions are the way forward!